Delicious banana muffins that are easy to make. Great for breakfast paired with fruit smoothie or as an afternoon snack.
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup kefir or 1 cup plain yogurt – click here to buy
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Begin by combining first the dry ingredients in a medium bowl then set aside.
- Next is to combine all the wet ingredients in a larger bowl and mix lightly.
- Then using a wooden spoon mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into a mini-muffin pans and bake at 325F for 25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool before removing them into their molds
Note: Baking time and temperature may need some adjustment if your using a conventional oven.