This beef broccoli recipe is perfect either on lunch or dinner. A delicious dish that is best served with hot steamed white rice
- 3 cups Water or beef broth
- 1 kg. Beef Sirloin, cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch Broccoli florets and soft stem, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 Star Anise
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 medium Onion, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil, for sauteing
- First, boil in a pan the beef, soy sauce and water then transfer everything in a bowl and set aside.
- In a boiling water, carefully drop the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes until slightly tender.
- Drain and soak the broccoli in ice cold water for a minute then drain and set aside.
- Next, saute in a pan the garlic and onion, add the beef, star anise and oyster sauce and cook for until the beef absorbed the seasonings.
- Then add the brown sugar and the beef broth from the boiling with soy sauce.
- Pour in the dissolve cornstarch in water and season with pepper.
- Finally, add in the broccoli and mix together and bring back to a boil.
- Remove immediately from the heat and serve with hot rice.