Make an extraordinary meal using tortellini. This soup is packed with fibre, low fat and full of nutritious vegetables.
- 1l vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen mixed peas and beans
- 250g pack fresh filled tortellini (we used spinach and ricotta)
- grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- handful of basil leaves (optional)
- First, heat the oil in a pan then fry the onion and carrots for 5 minutes or until they are starting to get soft.
- Next, add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 10 minutes then add the peas and beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender, add in the pasta. Let it boil and simmer for 2 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Add in the basil if you are using then season. Serve and topped with sprinkling of Parmesan.