Mouthwatering, buttery, crispy butterscotch delights. An ultimate treat for the kids to enjoy.
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 100g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the baking sheet
- 25g puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- dark chocolate chips, for decoration
- Start by beating in a large bowl, the butter, sugar and golden syrup until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Then sift into the large bowl the flour and mix together, then fold through the puffed rice cereal.
- Then shape it into a walnut-size balls and place them on a lightly butter baking sheet. (Remember to place them with space).
- Garnish each ball with with a few chocolate chips.
- Then bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.