Carrot is an orange colored crunchy vegetable that is considered among the list of powerfoods. It offers many health benefits including cancer prevention. It can also help skin look healthy and beautiful. Carrot is also a great anti-aging food. It can be consumed fresh or cooked. It is also perfect for dips and for healthy drink.
- 1/2 kg carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2/3 cup (165ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the foil to the baking tray.
- Place the carrots in a pan.
- Add water and cover.
- Over a medium heat, simmer for around 10 minutes or until tender.
- When tender, transfer the carrots to the baking tray.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Roast for around 20 minutes or just until carrots turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Whiz the processor with harissa.
- Add the spices, vinegar and garlic.
- Gradually add the remaining oil.
- Whiz the mixture until smooth.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Season according to taste then serve.