- Enough kratom for one dose (in powder form – the finer, the better)
- 1 frozen banana
- Chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. chocolate or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ¾ cup of milk
- Honey to taste
- Take the frozen banana and slice it up so that it can be processed more easily in the blender. Put it in the blender once you have sliced it up.
- Add the milk to the mixture and run the blender a few times to process the banana.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of the honey, to the blender. Run it several times in short bursts again. Take note that it is not a problem if the chocolate chips remain slightly on the large side.
- Add the kratom powder and run the blender again to get it properly mixed into the smoothie.
- Taste the smoothie. If you think it needs it, add honey to taste.
- Enjoy the drink. You can actually stick this in the freezer for a few minutes if you want to get it cooler.
The beauty of this recipe is in the bananas. Chocolate and cinnamon by themselves are rather strong flavors already, but adding banana—which actually synergies pretty well with them—to the mix further helps with the taste, as banana is both a distinctive flavor and a powerful one. Something to note about this drink is that the amount of sweetener you use is typically affected by the banana. The sweeter and riper your bananas, the less likely you are to require added sweeteners for the mix.
The kratom is pretty hard to taste here if you do it right. Finer kratom is to be preferred, naturally, since it can be harder to down larger shreds of leaf—and they are definitely more noticeable. With a really fine grind, you will not even notice the kratom when you drink it. It may take a little longer for the kratom to show its effects with this recipe (as opposed to the typical onset time for, say, tea preparations), but at least it is a method of consumption you can definitely enjoy.