Kefir Milk is often a cultured, enzyme-rich food loaded with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your “inner ecosystem.” More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins. Traditional Kefir is handily prepared in your own home just for a sit has been for many centuries with the ancients of the Caucasus Mountains in Russia. Fresh, non-pasteurized or pasteurized full-cream, fat-free or non-fat milk. Kefir could be consumed without delay or store in the sealed bottle and refrigerate for your full week and serve chilled. Another option would be to ripen liquid Kefir at 70 degrees for a day or more. It can then be refrigerated for extended storage or served as you desire. Ripening or secondary fermentation at 70 degrees improves flavor and increases vitamins and minerals. Vitamins B6, B3 and B9 [folic acid] increases greatly during storage due to bio-synthesis of these vitamins mostly by yeasts of Kefir grain organisms.
The Taste of Kefir
If you appreciate plain Yogurt or Butter Milk or Sour Cream you are going to love Kefir. Some of my local friends squirm if they’ve just one cup but they also understand it into them since they understand the making of your Kefir Milk. Sometimes that coffee may be slightly effervescent for the you’re making it. I favor it that way in addition. You acquire a taste for doing it eventually. For individuals who cannot manage the taste and some other reasons shouldn’t use milk, then Water Kefir Grains will another option. We’re posting about those shortly.
Note – Just remember, Drinking Kefir Milk made from Live Kefir Grains offers a very dose of probiotics. Much better than any prepackaged Yogurt or pill.
A surveys document some of kefir’s benefits
Although kefir will be as old as ancient time, it’s only recently begin to be used. Inside the June edition of BMC Immunology Journal, researchers evaluated the issue of probiotic fermented milk within the offspring of nursing mice. They found out that the milk consumption either from the mother during nursing or because of the offspring after weaning modified the introduction of bifidobacteria population inside colonin the mice. These modifications were along with a decrease of enterobacteria population. The administration from the milk towards mothers improved their own disease fighting capability all this affected their offspring.
Offspring from mice that received the milk increased S-IgA in intestinal fluids which mainly comes from their mother’s immunity process. Home loan business the sheer numbers of macrophages, dendritic cells and IgA+ cells over the suckling period in offspring fed with all the fermented milk was observed. Researchers thought this might be linked to the development of the immunity on the mothers, which passively protected their babies. At day 45, the immunity processes with the babies reached a maturity that reflected the end results in the milk about the stimulation with their intestinal mucosal immunity. This research means that kefir might be to your advantage to both nursing mothers and their babies.
The Journal of drugs and Food, June edition, reported an analysis to figure out probiotic properties of kefir. Researchers used a carbohydrate fraction isolated from kefir to examine for anti-inflammatory activity in the vitro plus in vivo using rats. Results indicated a major cut in rat paw edema and overall trauma after treatments with kefir when compared to the control rats.
Cla (CLA) is often a natural sourced essential fatty acid seen in kefir along with ruminant goods that might possess anti-cancer activities in in-vivo animal models plus vitro cell culture systems. The BMC Cancer Journal, July edition, reports a report to figure out the connection between CLA on apoptosis (programmed cell death) in human breast. Researchers learned that CLA induced apoptosis through estrogen receptor alpha within the breast cells. These bits of information suggest that the affect of estrogen on breast type tissue is modulated by CLA.
What are Benefits associated with Kefir?
- Nutrition -Single serving of kefir is really away to obtain protein, with 8 to 11 g per cup. Kefir also offers Ten percent from the recommended daily value for a vitamin and 25 % of the value for vitamin D. Kefir is yet another method to obtain calcium, with 30 %of the daily value per cup, using a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Probiotics – Kefir contains certain healthy bacteria this is not available in yogurt, including Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, Streptococcus species, Saccharomyces kefir and Torula kefir. These beneficial microorganisms assistance digestive health insurance and avoid the continuing development of harmful bacteria inside intestines. Vitamins, including vitamin k2 and B-12, are built inside the gut plus the probiotics in kefir facilitate this production.
- Ease Lactose Intolerance -While it is made of milk, the fermenting process utilized to create kefir makes it nearly lactose-free, note kefir manufacturers. Inside a study while in the “Journal of your American Dietetic Association” published in May 2003, researchers from Pitt University tested 15 people with lactose intolerance determined that kefir reduced symptoms including gas, abdominal pain and diarrhea related to the consumption of lactose. The curds in kefir are less space-consuming than those involved with yogurt, making it simpler to digest. Evidently this study is promising, should you suffer from severe lactose intolerance, you can even examine together with your physician before adding kefir for a diet.
- Weight loss – A cup of plain kefir contains 150 calories and 8 g of fat, 5 g that are saturated. Choose low-fat kefir when you are watching weight, because 1 cup of low-fat kefir contains just 110 calories and a couple g of fat, with 1.5 g saturated. Researchers from Curt in University within Australia obtained in an October 2009 study that dieters who consumed five servings of dairy daily, as well as a low-calorie diet, lost excess fat and belly fat than dieters who consumed just three servings daily. A single serving of kefir counts being a serving of dairy.
- Possible Disease Prevention – Although more principals are needed, preliminary research has shown that kefir may have an impact on cancer cells. A study while in the journal “Cancer Management and Research,” published in February 2011, found out that kefir effectively prohibited the growth of malignant T-cells, which play a role in some kinds of cellular cancer. Another study, published in “BioFactors” in December 2004, found out that compounds in kefir can help control hypertension levels and blood cholesterol in rats. More thorough studies around the negative effects of kefir on cancer and also other chronic conditions are required to draw any significant conclusions.
To know more about Kefir Grains and other stuff more specifically please visit: